Common Reasons To Convert MP4 To Text
And, if you’re not swayed by the marketing potential, consider this: millions of people across the globe who are struggling with hearing disabilities depend on transcriptions. The only way that they might be able to access your content is if you share transcriptions.
In fact, an MP4 transcription service might even be able to help you avoid any legal issues relating to disability discrimination legislation.
Even people without any hearing impairments will thank you for adding subtitles to your video content. They might be in a public place and don’t have earphones to listen to your video.
So, in many instances, users actually prefer to mute the sound when watching videos on Facebook and other popular social media platforms. If you add subtitles to your video, your audience will still be able to “hear” your message.
How Can You Convert MP4 to Text?
If you want to transcribe MP4 to text, you have three options. You can do it yourself, pay a professional transcriptionist to complete it manually for you or you can use an online transcription tool.
You might be tempted to tackle it as a DIY project, but don’t be fooled. If you want to convert it manually, you will have to replay your MP4 file a few times. This can become very time-consuming (and tedious), even more so if you need to include timestamps so that you can use the text as subtitles.
So, using the services of a professional transcriptionist is an attractive option, but why pay more if an online tool can deliver the same results for less?
You can, for example, use Audext to convert your MP4s to text format. It’s really simple!
1. Upload the MP4 file that you want to convert to text. There’s more than one way that you can convert your files via your smartphone:
- You can connect your smartphone to your laptop or computer and then transfer your MP4 files.
- You can use Google Drive to store your MP4 files.
- You can use Audext to upload your files.
2. Click to send your MP4 video/audio to Audext’s cloud editor.
3. If editing is required, use the tools offered by Audext to review and change your transcript whenever it suits you.
4. Export your final text to DOC or TXT file format.