- What is video optimization?
- How can video optimization increase conversions?
- 4 Key Strategies to Improve User Engagement & Drive More Conversions From Your Video
- Developing an Effective Video Marketing Strategy That Drives Results
- Maximizing the Click Through Rate With the Right Video Content
- Measuring the Performance of Your Videos & Refining Your Strategy to Maximize Conversions
- A New Way of Content Repurposing
- Wrapped up
- 800 million users on YouTube every month.
- 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
- Twitter videos get 90% of views from mobile devices.
- 10 million videos are watched on Snapchat in a day.
Does this data ring a bell?
More and more businesses around the world realise the possibility of video content with the inflation of mobile users. You can’t disagree that video is the most effective content form in every aspect of a business. Whether it is for creating brand awareness, educating the audience, and increasing conversion rates.
Over the last couple of years, video content optimization has become a crucial practice in content marketing. In a nutshell, video optimization strategies are a practice to improve the user experience and increase content visibility.
In video marketing, we can’t misjudge the potential of transcribing video to text. Not only audio to text converters can help in content repurposing, but they can expand reach by providing accurate captions or subtitles (especially for the deaf or hard-of-hearing community).
In content repurposing, a video to text converter enables you to create text-based content from scratch for your blog. Thus, you can convert a reader to a listener and vice versa. However, transcribing video to text can help in localization, allowing you to translate the text into different languages and making your content accessible to a global audience.
What is video optimization?
Video optimization, often considered a vital process in content marketing, refers to the process of making adjustments to videos to gain visibility and boost performance as per the norms of specific channels (e.g. search engines or social media channels). Optimizing video content involves various processes including proper formation and compression for effortless viewing and sharing.
It is a critical process as each platform favours different video formats. For example, Instagram favours vertical video (especially for reels) formats more than regular video formats. Besides, video optimization enables users to consume videos according to the viewer’s device and internet connection with zero buffering. Yet, it improves viewing quality to a great extent. It says that smaller video files require less bandwidth and load faster.
Video optimization, especially in SEO terms, refers to the adjustment of videos such as tweaking titles, descriptions, and tags to get indexed and ranked by search engines.
How can video optimization increase conversions?
Video is top effective content form, especially short-form videos as the user’s attention span has shrunk over time. As surveyed by Wyzowl, 92% of marketers consider videos to be a vital part of their digital marketing agency.
In every aspect of business, videos can help— mainly in boosting brand visibility and revenue growth. Essentially, video optimization is a tool to achieve all of them allowing you to retain customers and increase conversion rates.
Tips to Optimize Video For Conversion Rate
- Builds brand credibility: With effective video optimization tactics, it becomes easier to connect with your targeted audience evoking curiosity or emotion towards the brand. Not only that, it can build a long-term relationship.
- Boost conversations and sales: Video optimization ensures success in video campaigns.
- Boost SEO: It assumes that executing videos on web pages lower bounce rate and engages the readers, which have a positive effect on ranking.
- Caters to mobile users: It is straightforward that proper video optimization can garner mobile users with the right format.
- Cost-effectiveness: Optimizing videos can reduce bandwidth costs which is critical for advanced-level websites.
4 Key Strategies to Improve User Engagement & Drive More Conversions From Your Video
1. Compress videos
Compression reduces the file size which results in fast loading and smooth streaming experience. Somehow it enhances user experience too.
Keep in mind to maintain the video quality as best as possible while compressing it.
2. Optimize for mobile users
With the rise of mobile users, it is getting ever-critical to optimize videos for mobile devices. Applying correct formatting as per the specific channel’s norm can aid to be compatible with mobile devices.
3. Freedom to users
Allowing users to control the video content, giving them the freedom to pause, rewind, fast-forward, adjust the volume, and turn on/off subtitles to improve user experience.
Bonus: It can enhance the accessibility of the video content.
Remember: Avoid the videos being played automatically by default, rather than giving them control to play them at their will. More often, automatically played videos can cause annoyance to the users with loud music at quite an odd place and thus hamper the user experience.
4.Convert Videos to an HTML5-Supported Format
HTML5 is the latest version of HTML and it supports video playback by default. You don’t need to add an extra plugin. It is recommended to convert files such as MP4 or WebM into HTML5-supported format ensuring that they are compatible with most modern web browsers and devices.
Developing an Effective Video Marketing Strategy That Drives Results
The key to achieving your goal and generating conversions is adopting an effective video marketing strategy. Here are some elements to consider when developing user engagement strategies:
- Clear on your goal: It seems quite obvious but is often overlooked by entrepreneurs. Before crafting an effective video marketing strategy development, you need to know what your goal is: is it about building brand awareness, driving sales or engagement? After defining your goal, you can create videos that are tailored to your targeted audience.
- Know your audience: You need to consider both demographics and psychographics (e.g. age, interest, location, desire, pain points etc) before crafting a video marketing strategy that appeals to your targeted audience.
- Choose the right platform: Each digital platform has a different segment of the audience. Figure out the right one for your business. Suppose your targeted audience is younger, you may need to focus on platforms like Instagram and Tiktok. On the other hand, if your targeted audience is millennials or working professionals, LinkedIn or Facebook might be the better option for you.
- Create valuable videos: Put your effort into creating valuable content that stands out of the track. It includes everything from audio to visual content.
- Distribute or promote your videos: Distribute or promote content on your selected platforms just for better reach and engagement. Those selected platforms can be anything from social media channels, forums, and Q&A portals to even email marketing campaigns.
- Measure your results: It is crucial to measure the performance of your content to see what’s working and what’s not. It means tracking metrics such as views, engagement and conversions regularly.
With these steps, you can easily develop a successful video strategy plan that generates leads and helps in reaching your marketing goal.
Maximizing the Click Through Rate With the Right Video Content
There are different forms of videos that you can choose from depending on your goal or the nature of your business:
- Product demos: Product demos are great video forms allowing you to showcase your product’s features and benefits. They tend to be effective as potential customers get to know how your product can solve their problems.
- Customer testimonials: Customer testimonials build trust and credibility among potential customers. Through customer testimonials, you can easily build strong relationships with your audience.
- How-to-videos: Mainly useful for SaaS brands, these types of videos educate users and build trust in your brand.
- Explainer videos: Explainer videos are used to explain complex concepts or processes in a simple manner. These types of videos also build trust and credibility with your audience.
- Behind-the-scenes: These types of videos offer a real, personal look into your business allowing them to bond with your brand. These videos usually show the people, processes and values that make the business unique.
Measuring the Performance of Your Videos & Refining Your Strategy to Maximize Conversions
Measuring the performance of your videos is vital to achieve the specific goal. Simultaneously, you can’t underestimate the process of creating valuable content daily and the marketing strategies used.
The thing is you have to keep track of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). In simple words, KPI compares results to goals and suggests what you want to achieve through videos.
Click-through rate optimization tips
- Play rate: Play rate= number of times your video was played÷ number of views it generated. Low play rate suggests your videos are barely interesting for your follower base. Focus on improving the play rate if you are new. Try to drive your audience’s attention within 3-5 seconds.
- Share, likes, comments and reactions: These metrics give you an overview of the popularity of your video and reveal the emotional effect that your video drives on users. Sharing is equivalent to word-of-mouth marketing. The more a video gets shared, the more it creates brand awareness, credibility and trustworthiness.
- Click-through rate, CTR: CTR= Total number of video clicks÷ the total number of views. To increase CTR, a call-to-action is necessary at the beginning, middle or end of your video. Tips: Keep your video short and clear to get viewers to reach the call to action.
- Watch time: Watch time= Total amount of time viewers have spent watching your videos. For increased watch time, it is encouraged to hook the viewers till the end either through compelling stories or eye-catching visuals.
These CTR optimization tips can be useful though you need to analyse beyond the metrics and combine them to pave towards success.
A New Way of Content Repurposing
Whether you own a podcast or YouTube channel, Audext empowers your content to reach a wider audience. It supports 60+ languages and delivers 80% accuracy. It offers accurate captions and subtitles within minutes.
Audext is pretty easy to use and has an in-build editor— you have the power to highlight active words, control playback speed and so a lot.
Its top feature, ‘Speaker identification‘ makes podcast transcribing easier for you while it can easily identify who is speaking. It means you don’t have to spend hours organizing the transcript.
This cost-effective, advanced audio-to-text solution can change the scenario of content repurposing by saving you enough time for other productive tasks. Just imagine— an hour of audio file fully transcribed in 10 minutes.
To conclude, video content optimization is a critical aspect of modern video marketing strategies. However, video optimization can’t alone boost conversion rates,an adequate amount of effort must be implemented on the right video marketing strategies, regular analytics and iteration to monitor the performance of videos and high-quality video production.